Thursday, January 14, 2010

Found word page and Clean table!

I didn't post anything for several days; just didn't have too much different to say and I really was doing some un-cluttering. Didn't have much choice as I was out of work space and so had to start the clearing. It's a good thing, really. Each time I say never again will I allow my work spaces to get over run with piles....we'll see. There's always hope!
I did finish the book mark by adding the fibers and dangly stuff but I never did do the mail art. I think it'll have to go with just a tiny bit of art. Again....we'll see.
I did a Found words page last night while watching TV. I was thinking I'd stick to the black marker only and show it on Campbell Jane's Altered Pages. But, it takes me a while to get directions right, even simple directions. I forgot it needed to have more than 1 found word on the page. So, I went ahead and added a tad of color to it and I'll show it here, just so I have something to show. It's just simple but these are just so calming and usually easy to do without much thought given to what you're doing. I like browsing for words and if one page isn't giving up any words, you just roam to the next. And then I took a page from a book of poetry and started a sketch to try and do a watercolor on it. I might work on that tonight while watching Thursday night TV.
Then, I just finished cleaning this table where I have the computer and also do art.
I forgot to take a before photo but take my word for it, it was bad! When I was going through other things in the art room last week, I came across a large old, as in inherited old, drawing pad. I did put it in the trash and then I couldn't stand it and took it back. I laid it over the desk top calendar so I'd doodle and make notes on it, rather than fill the calendar like I usually do. I pulled it off today and moved it over when I put down clean new table covering! I did take a picture but I sort of hate to show it. it's mindless doodles and notes but it never fails that it's how whatever pad I have in front of the computer looks. So pictures are of the cleaned up table, waiting for me to do something worthwhile art wise.
And, I'm still contemplating my order from Dick Blick. I really do need to finish and get it ordered, I need some of the items like last month! But I'm trying to make one order and get everything I need! That means finding all those lists I have jotted in ten different places and putting them together into one! Of course, I totaled it the other day and knew I was going to have to whittle that list down considerably! I do wish that art supplies, especially paint and brushes, canvas and papers were so much cheaper! It has to be finalized soon because I can't take a class I want without the pens I need. Well, I could.....but you know how it is?

Hopefully you can read the word by clicking on the photo, but if not it says: 'enduring'


Drawing pad in front of computer....doodles, notes and doodles gone bad!



Back to normal! Notice the date on the bottom of the calendar? I redid all the dates so they do match up with Jan. 2010 not Oct. '09! I do need to use this as a calendar and not just a note pad!


Clean area next to computer! I can find what I'm looking for!


And the rest of the table all neat and clean, even a hasty put together shelf from scrap wood I begged Rocket to hurry and build for me! I moved the storage containers holding images back into the art room. I have boxes and lids I'll use for images for this area.


And lastly, a new pencil holder and matching pen! Isn't it just scrumptious? It's all sparkly and bright. This was part of a Christmas gift from a dear fairy!!! One can never have too many pencil cups or brush holders!! The teddy bear mug in the background holding markers was also a gift from a friend.

1 comment:

Campbell Jane said...

When I worked in an office I had calendars like these that were full of doodles! Brought back memories seeing yours. I'd love to see a page of yours on www.alteredpages.blogspot.com! Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings

Post a Comment