Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More Mail Art

I just sent a small package with some mail art on it. We were exchanging napkins for mixed media art (http://emeliesartandsuch.blogspot.com/ ) so I had a quick idea for her package. This is the gal I just showed in the previous post. I decided she needed to go on a trip so I ripped her away from her confines and made her into mail art. I think she was happy to go on to Emelie. I like how the background changed her into a sassy Tattoo lady.
This was just done using the face done on tracing paper covering my work table, as I had already described and then the added elements are all things I printed,  cut out and collaged together.
Now I need to do another piece of mail art but the graphics I want are bigger than the package! Guess I need to re-size. LOL!
Haven't really done much of anything else. Worked on a idea for a painting or maybe journal page and I've been refurbishing a bird house that got crashed and needs to get back outside. It has a tin roof and I decided to see how alcohol inks worked on it. Turned out really pretty but my finger nails may never be clean again! I couldn't get into the sides and pattern good with the applicator so I pulled the pad off and used it with my fingers. I can say those inks do stain well! Now I have to decide what to paint on the house before nesting time gets here and passes me by. I see some of our birds already looking into houses and Robins and Blackbirds gathering nesting debris. Mr. Buddy Wren hasn't appeared yet and this is his house.....one of his many houses. He's so greedy to show off to his Females that he builds in every house I have out. He did allow Bluebirds to nest last year but there was a heck of a fight, first. Before that chick-a-dee's nested not far from the wrens but not last year.
Here's the Mail art:

3 comments:

Diane said...

Star, this is sooo cool!! Emelie is going to love this!!

Emelie said...

Yes I did love it, and still love it, it is going in a frame, soon as I can quit with the distractions. Star, you have a great knack for arrangments, and she is beautiful. I am lucky to have her.

I had to come hear your music, I look forward to it.

I really want to see that bird house roof, I don't know if you do photos or not. I have that ink and use it on the new type of domino.
I printed off clear address labels with tiny pictures and put them on the design made with the ink. or used a stamp. I did put magnets on the back for fridge magnets. I couldn't stop doing them. Now I could put my own faces on the clear label. You can also put your art on larger clear labels and use it on your journal or cards.

Ok I talked quite a lot. You never know what will trigger a bunch of words.

Diane said...

Hi Star--thanks for stopping by--you make me smile--just move everything out of your house and bring in the important stuff :) On the chair/table--I painted the hydrangeas also, but I have put papers on furniture too. I have a really neat table that I did last year (I think I still have the photo) with collaged houses on it. When I get back, I'll post it

Post a Comment