Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

I  don't have art to show again today. I could probably dig around and find something but it can wait. I did work on some mail art last night while watching a movie ( The Secret lives of Bee's ). I only did the front of the envelope because it took me so long to come up with an idea I liked. Tonight I'll do the back, have the design in mind, just not sure how I want to do it. Because there's been a quite recent change in the life of the intended mail recipient, I think I might change the design as I had it set in my mind. I wanted to try something new, too, but I'm balking because I sure can't ruin a piece being done on an envelope with the card already sealed inside!
Anyway, thanks to all for the comments on my art and what I have to say. I hope to continue blogging in the new year and maybe even get better at it as I learn how to do better posts, pictures and so forth.
I don't usually make a New Year's resolution because I always break it  but if I wanted to try one, I'd say, once again, to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF and to do some art EVERY DAY! The weight part is a must.

And speaking of ART every day; The wonderful, most exciting, whimsical Sharon of Norah'S will be holding a video class showing how she paints her girly faces!!!
It will be on NING and probably sometime later in January! I'm so excited that I can barely contain myself!! I did tell Rocket that a class is coming up and no matter what it costs I wanted it to be my Christmas gift!!! So watch here for info, if you don't already:  http://allnorahsart.blogspot.com/  and if you haven't seen Sharon's work or her blog be prepared to be in for a charming treat! I sure hope I have what supplies I'll need on hand. That is going to be a wonderful start to the new year!!!

And to end the year....a BLUE MOON! How amusing is that? I haven't looked out tonight, not sure if we can even see much of the moon as we have clouds and snow on a freezing night, again. However, I did spend time viewing the moon last night a couple times when I had Ebony (teeny dog) out to do her thing. It was a very eerie but yet gorgeous moon.....it was enveloped in a deep tunnel of broken wavy clouds and created a reddish gold glowing halo. Hard to describe but I hope others in this area got to gaze at it. It was quite amazing. I can never get a good picture because we have a street light across the street too close and it ruins the picture.

Happy New Year!
Star

3 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Thank you Star, I'm blushing. Now I'm going out to look at the moon. I like you, looked last night but forgot about tonight. It is rather cold out but I'm going anyway.

Emelie said...

I like to come and read what you have had on your mind. I couldn't sleep thinking of the blue moon last night. I am still going to do another piece of art work with a blue moon. As you know things can take a diferent direction that what was started. In fact I can't even remember how that door image got in that painting. Thanks for the visit.

Wishing you an artful day tomorrow. What I am so thankful for is to have people who don't get sick of art conversations.

Emelie

Unknown said...

Hey I forgot to come wish you a Happy New Year!!! So here it is:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Star!!!!!

Post a Comment